Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is an incredible tool that has been used for over a decade to help people overcome a wide variety of physical and emotional issues.
The set up takes place while either rubbing on the sore spot or by tapping the fingers of one hand against the Karate Chop side of the other hand and saying Even though I have this (insert problem or feeling here) I completely and fully love and accept myself and forgive myself. Repeat the set up three times.
Begin Tapping using the two fingers together of your dominant hand, tapping for seven or eight times on each point before moving on. There is no need to count and tap with enough pressure to feel a slight bounce. Repeat a reminder phrase as you tap around the Meridian Points e.g. This chocolate craving; This sadness; This emptiness; this anger in my belly.
1. EB At the inner end of one eyebrow, level with the top of the nose
2. SE Side of the eye, at the end of eyebrow
3. UE Under the eye, on the curved bone of the eye socket
4. N In the dip under the nose
5. C In the dip under the lip on the chin
6. CB Around the collarbone using a soft fist
7. RIBS Fingers of both hands tapping on the rib cage at both sides of the body’s trunk
8. Under Arm side of the body, level with bra strap or man’s nipple with a flat hand
9. Wrists Tapping wrists together
10. Top of the head Tapping around with a flat hand
After a Tapping round take a deep breath with a slow exhalation. Sip some water. Good hydration is vital with all energy work. Check your number. Has it gone up or down? Have other things come to mind? You may well need to tap again or use any new insights to guide your next Tapping rounds. If it feels too difficult to do this alone then consult a qualified Meridian Energy Therapist.